Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Illness, Paused...

June 29 2015
My immediate family and I try to get together with my step-dad and my siblings one Sunday a month for Sunday dinner. I am so thankful for my Step Dad’s wife, who cooks amazingly delicious meals and hosts this monthly event. This past month we got together on June 28, a Sunday afternoon. Our eldest son, Ethan, was visiting us, and it was very special for all of us to get together, enjoy Betty’s delicious cooking, and fellowship with each other. 
Even though it was a typical Southern summer day, which translates to hot and humid, I was oddly cold, and dressed warmer. I was wearing a shirt, light jacket, blue jeans, scarf and shoes, and freezing! I should have known something was up. In reality, I was running a fever, unbeknownst. i froze all day, and went to bed with check lists’ in my head of all the next day’s plans, because it was Lillian’s birthday on Monday, June 29. 
Little did I know, I was about to embark on a 14 day summer illness, along with the rest of my 5 member household. You see, when a big family gets sick, it’s never nice and neat: for example, everyone gets the same illness, at the same time, at the same rate, for the same extended period. No, that’s too easy. What typically happens in a big family is that each person gets sick in stages, like 3 days apart. Which translates to half a month in mom language.

Long story short, however, I woke up on June 29, 2015, at 7:30am, feeling just fine, and worked all day long to make it the most special day an 11 year old birthday girl could dream of, beginning with breakfast in bed, and a party and Grandparents visiting from Sanford, to a fantastic sleep over with friends, rocking out till 11:40pm when i finally turned in for the night and left the birthday girl partying with a friend for an epic sleep over!
       
And I woke up the next morning with a fever of 103.8, wishing I was at the hospital; the first of almost 14 days straight of a horrid summer illness.
Thus began the first leg of the illness, that took over our family from June 30, 2015, till around July 15, 2015. This was the worst summer sickness we’ve ever had! But the Ebenezer Stone is this: even though I was running a fever on June 28, I woke up June 29, like God paused the illness, and was able to do a pretty fine job of making a fabulous birthday for Lillian physically and mentally, and I just want to thank God so much for making that possible! Even when I was sick the following day, all I could think about was how awesome it was that Lily’s birthday was just fine! Mothers out there: y’all know how much you just love your kid, and want their birthday to be the best one ever…well, God made this possible this year for our girl. As a Mom, I couldn't hope for a more beautiful Ebenezer Stone, than to see how wonderfully God worked it out for me to be just fine and do so much for our daughter's birthday! It makes me so thankful for our health, and all that we are able to do! 
Plus, we are over that awful virus, or whatever it was.  Thank you God!


No comments:

Post a Comment